2. Meagan Griffin BFA: 3D Art



                                         








2. 3D Art



Griffin
"Maple Leaf Rag"
2X4's Wood Sculpture
36"W 24"H 16"D
Sculpture 1
October 2014

For this project in my sculpture 1 class, we were assigned to make a wood sculpture with the influence of a song using abstraction. The song I chose was Maple Leaf Rag by Scott Joplin. It is solely made from 2X4's and wood glue. I had it move through space in the way it does to represent Ragtime. Ragtime is where you play the piano with the left hand very steady and consistent where the right hand is all over the place. I also wanted the wood to resemble piano keys.



Griffin
"Gift Exchange Project"
Scrap Metal / Welded
3"W 7"H 8"D
3D Design
November 2014

For this project we were allowed to use any material of our choice and make a gift for another individual in the class. The person I had to give this project to really liked cats so I decided to weld them a cat using old scrap metal pieces. I had already learned how to weld in my Sculpture 1 class. It is made from various pieces. The eyes are bolts, the mouth is two washers, the whiskers are nails, the head is a doorknob and so on.